This jam is great for summer because it uses some of the best ingredients the season has to offer, but it’s quick to make. So you are not standing over the stove too long in this great summer weather.
Roasted Rhubarb and Raspberry Quick Jam
Write a review
- 1 cup rhubarb, fresh or frozen, cut into ½” chuncks
- 1 10 or 12 oz bag frozen raspberries or 1 pint fresh berries
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup blueberry or apple juice
- Cranberry, pomegranate or grape would also work well)
- ¼-1/3 cup sugar, honey or agave syrup
- ⅓ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon vanillla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400. Spread the cut up rhubarb on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle the balsamic vinegar over the top. Roast for 15 minutes. It will get very soft. Then sprinkle the raspberries on the same sheet and return to the oven to roast for another 5-10 minutes.
- When the berries and rhubarb come out of the oven, they will be very soft, and the pan will have some bits sticking to it. Deglaze the baking sheet by pouring ¼ - ½ cup of juice directly on it, and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any bits that are stuck to the pan. Pour everything off into a small sauce pan and add the sugar or agave, the rest of the juice, and the the spices.
- Let it come to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, until it is thick. Taste and season with a sprinkle of salt if desired.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
The Slice of Life Show http://www.thesliceoflifeshow.com/