Nothing makes a sandwich taste better than good mayonnaise, here is a very easy and fast way to make your own delicious mayo in seconds. It will take more time to wash the food processor than to make the mayo! It is so much better than store bought, you will never buy another jar. I encourage you to take a moment to try this recipe, it may change your life, it will certainly change your lunch!
Write a review
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 T. white wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil or salad oil or a mixture of both
- Break the egg into the bowl of a food processor and the mustard, salt and vinegar. Blend for 20 seconds till foamy.
- With the "food pusher"(lid insert) in place in the lid of the processor, turn on the machine. Pour the oil or oils into the "food pusher"(lid insert) of the food processor, allowing the oil to drip through the tiny hole in the bottom. The oil will blend into the mixture at just the right rate(clever, weren't they?).
- Allow all of the oil to drip through the insert. When it has all dripped through and the mayonnaise is thick, it is done.
- This recipe makes about a cup and a half and will keep in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
The Slice of Life Show http://www.thesliceoflifeshow.com/